[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Variable Ballast [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Variable Ballast

Hi Bob,

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of stacked variac assembly are you using? I have a 4-stack 1256D Powerstat that I  use in my monster master control panel and I don't think that I could make that beast get warm from my standard single phase residential service if I wanted to, even pulling 100 amps from the special #4 guage, 100 amp breakered direct line to the mains breaker box that I wired for it ;-) Of course, four 1256Ds would have a combined 112 amp rating (4x28) at the 240 volt input, with 100% duty cycle!

David Rieben