[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Dual identical FRANCE neon sign transformers (15000v 60mA each) in parallel

Hi Timothy,

Yurtle Turtle wrote:
100 nF sounds a little high for 120 ma. That's what I use for 25 kVA.
...and I concur with what he says.

Please have a look at the MMC table on Bart Anderson's site:
http://www.classictesla.com/download/mmc_cap_chart.pdf

You will note, that an LTR cap for i.e. a 15kV/120mA NST, with 120BPS SRSG is C=54.5nF. You will probably not be able to charge a 100nF cap high enough
for producing big sparks.(This is for 60Hz line f)

Perhaps you have already studied Ritchie Burnetts super-TC site:
http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/tesla.shtml
... if not: I highly recommend it. Choosing the right cap is not that simple,
and there exist different ways to accommodate to the actual situation.

Regards, Kurt

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Timothy Gilmore