[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] 55 deg. primary [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 55 deg. primary

Dear Doug

Reminds me of my first experiments ...
May I suggest:
1.Build a larger toroid, minor d more close to secondary coil d, major d more close to winding length of sec. coil. Try to achieve a smooth surface.
2.Lower the primary coil, lower end a few mm below secondary coil lower end. Adjust later relative hights,  = coupling, for best spark length, observe for, avoid racesparks, if this problem occurs, lower the primary more. I am not sure, if the very steep primary coil angle is ideal -? When system is perfectly tuned, possible problem of flashovers primary - secondary and toroid - primary.
3.Search later for a NST with higher sec. voltage.
4.Get used to Javatc.
5.Studie all the informative expert homepages.

Have fun!  Fritz

<<Doug Johnson here; I finished assembling my small coil, complete on its
8 inch base and made a short video of it in operation.
I am using a 6kv-30ma NST to power it. The caps are 2- 102-30kv doorknobs, the secondary is  6.5 inches of 24 awg on a 1.5 inch coil-form.
This is my second coil, the first one I had a set of plans for, and this one was designed using Teslamap and asking MANY questions of Bert Hickman, which he showed great patience in answering! {thanks Bert} Here is the video.  https://youtu.be/mqqd1vPy8Ko
Doug J>>