[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] BIPOLAR TC DESIGNS [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] BIPOLAR TC DESIGNS

One of the things about bipolar systems that seems to be neglected is what  would or could occur if the top load polar capacity of each TC side were replaced with endings of  a conventional dual plated flat capacity; essentially establishing a much tighter capacitive coupling between the systems themselves. For example if we replaced the surface area of each top load with an equivalent flat surface area and then brought these plates in closer proximity in space the conventional two plated capacity would begin to outweigh the effects of just each polar capacity alone.  Indeed we should be able to move these plates so close together that the combined circuits would have too much capacity for the designed high frequency resonance dictated by L(p)C(p) and the systems would go out of resonance. There appears to be a wide margin between what is obtainable with just polar capacities alone and that of introducing a dual plated capacitive coupling between the systems. Supposedly we have equations to deal with conversions such as this but it seems very incongruous, somewhat like mixing apples and oranges, both are fruits but they don't seem comparable in actions. For instance would it even be possible to eliminate half of the polar capacity and replace the missing half with a conventional dual plated capacity?  Would the secondary arcing activity be diminished? (it would seem to be so). One might instead use noble gas bulbs along the secondary circuit path to indicate the intensity of that secondary activity as was done here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/harvich/10429887684/in/dateposted-public/ Should prove for some interesting signal generator experiments.Sincerely Harvey D Norris