[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] terry filter resistors [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] terry filter resistors

My terry filter uses Dale HL-100-06Z  1k ohm 100w 5% resistors (2) one on each leg.  Ive been searching ebay for more and they run $10+shipping  and only a couple NOS can be found.  How much can the resistance value vary and still work if I stay at 100W?

Also I found these cheap (half price) on ebay from China they are rated for 1k ohm and 100w 5%.  They are small only 3 inches long compared to the above 6.5 inches but they covered in an aluminum heatsink.  I see no reason why they wouldn’t work but figured I better ask here first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-High-Power-1000-Ohm-1K-100W-Watt-Aluminum-Shell-Case-Wirewound-Resistor-5-/141509835156?hash=item20f2a4b994

Nothing is wrong with my filter just trying to source more parts to build more in the future.

John Cooper