[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Vdg video [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Vdg video

With some tuning and a faster motor I was able to get consistent 16 inch
arcs off this build last night. This is a non-pumped negative with Latex
belt, and PVC-tape /Metal foil covered nylon bed casters.

I do make the brushes using sheet on end rolled around a plastic tube then
pins inserted and held in place via the tube. Everything from there to the
connection point is wrapped in electrical tape. Many people suggest screen
material is far superior but I find the opposite - however I have yet to
find any brash screen material to test.

Depending on you talk to its about 30KV for inch in air so that would be
480KV.

The max possible attainable voltage due to 14 inch 'sphere' size in air is
420KV.

I have considerable leakage and basically just pump it fast enough to
overcome the leakage, but I'm still confused by these results. I would
expect less than the max (420KV) ans as I have no corona ring or inlet
radius I Would expect even less.

Now only about 10% of these 'arcs' are fully visible across the collector
to discharge rod, I don't understand why it has that behavior but it is
definitely arcing you can see from the discharge point side.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Matt Sweeney