[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors.

Im facing this problem and i dont know enough to figure it out.

If i have a HV source used to produce only corona (bottom brushes on a VDG) what voltage drop would occur across a resistor in series? Without this i cant determine expected power dissapation.

I cant assume the corona source shorts directly to ground (the roller is grounded) there must be some specific resistance (impedence?) Of the plasma between the brushes and grounded roller but i really dont know what that would be without directly measuring it, and i cant do that with my digital Meter. I could use an analog meter to measure total current flow but at these voltages im concerned even that could pose problems (approx +/-10KV DC).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt Sweeney