From: "Carl Noggle" <cn8@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors.
Date: Wed, Sep 30, 2015 9:53 AM

A nonrectified flyback would make a good power supply for a hairy
Cockroft-Walton.  If you do hose the diodes, you will lose about 20% of
the output voltage due to the increased capacitance in the secondary.
Usually the secondary is divided into four parts with the diodes between
them in a big series string.

---Carl