[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Cap and transformer matching: math [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Cap and transformer matching: math

I'm not sure I follow your logic - tau is for R-C circuits, and this is
predominantly an L-C circuit.  But beyond that, trying to mathematically
model an NST charging a cap unfortunately is just not the best approach.
NST's become non-linear as the core saturates and no one to my knowledge in
the TC community has a satisfactory model to accommodate the non-linear
effects, which are extremely significant.  The good news is that such core
saturation provides a free and welcome boost to the current able to be
pulled from an NST,

I performed and published a study that measured the actual power processed
from a variety of NST's over a range of capacitor values, and the results
corroborate the referenced spreadsheet.  My report is at:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0afsm3K5nFYNGQ3MmJlZGEtYjQ5My00OTJhLTkwNDMtOWEwMjRkYWJkZjAy

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA