Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2016 3:37 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Marx

Couple of more questions for you.

What style capacitors did you use and where did you get them?  I didn't
find any 15 kV ceramics on my first glance at Mouser or DigiKey but I
tend to be blind that way.  I'm getting the hots to build a bigger one
with more sections and bigger capacitors.  I'm a 'big bang man'!

What is the intriguing looking 'finned thing' with big brass balls in
the background?  Worth a story in itself.

A long time ago I built a very small Marx generator excited by the
rectified output of a piezoelectric ceramic HV generator out of a fire
starter.  I was able to get about half inch sparks some of the time
after clicking enough but usually got about 1/4", not much longer than
from the generator but very much fatter and louder.  If I could find the
thing I'd send a pix.

Ed