[Home][2016 Index] [TCML] LTR Primary Cap on tesla coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] LTR Primary Cap on tesla coil

Hi, I have a 12,000 v 30ma NST for my power supply.

Currently I am using a 5gal bucket cap filled with beer bottles and saltwater.  It measures .01315uF on my multimeter.  I am getting about 12-15" streamers off my toroid with this setup.

I would like to try some Cornell Dubilier caps and am wondering what the LTR cap size would be for my power supply?

I saw a formula for it but I don't know what all of the variable names mean in the formula.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks - Paul