[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] rewiring for 220v [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] rewiring for 220v

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 10:58:44 -0400
David Boyle <twoten@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do I connect the core grounds of my nsts when running at 220?
> Right now they are connected together to supply ground which is kept
> separate from the coil;s earth ground which is a metal spike or a
> water pipe that goes underground.
I would keep it the same.

> And what would be the most sensible
> male plug style to put at the end of my power cord?

A NEMA 6-20 which is a 250V three wire plug would fit a standard 250V T
slot receptacle which is be most likely to be found.

Another option would be to use a NEMA L14 20P which is a 125/250 4 wire
plug commonly found on generators, rarely elsewhere however in my
experience. This will give you two hots, a neutral, and ground. That
would be the best if a suitable receptacle were available.

You would have to take care to keep the phasing correct when connecting
the primaries in series.