[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] pipes rattling [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] pipes rattling

The pipes rattling were from the solenoids on the washing machine!   Just for giggles I shut off the water supply to the washer and it stopped.
The cause (besides the obvious) was due to the excess primary coil after the outer connection which made it grossly detuned.
Now that things are tighter, the TC is running at approx. 180 kHz.

I got some pretty awesome corona around the toroid reaching 16 inches down to the ground ring.

However, it did not get to this until after I added 7 more salt water caps which put the primary cap at almost 29 nF.