[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Show and tell first SGTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Show and tell first SGTC

Hey Matthew

I have tried a variety of different taps on the primary.  All the way back towards the middle to the point where I would get racing sparks. Seems the further out on the primary I tap, the better the output..... In my case it may just be all the way out at the end of the coil. I do wonder tho if I had another one or two outer turns if that would help to continue improving output trying to tap on somewhere even further than I currently have available.  In my opinion, it is a decent output at the moment. When I first ran it I was getting 8"-10" arcs maybe..... I re wound the primary from a 7" inner diameter to a 5 &1/2" inner dia. and now I get about 15-16" arcs..... And they hit the strike rail!!! YES!! Haha
It may be the coupling I need to experiment with. Thanks Matthew.

Sent from my iPhone