[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] UK Supplies [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] UK Supplies

On 9/10/2016 12:07 PM, jimlux wrote:
On 9/10/16 10:26 AM, Phil wrote:
If anyone in the UK is after an NST it may be worth looking into getting one
shipped from the USA as we are limited to 10K in the UK whereas the
Americans can get 15kV max.
May (it will) be dear to ship, but depends how serious your UK coil is, and
how much NST's are in the States.
You would also need a 250 -> 110v to feed the NST though, but second hand
builder's ones are two a penny on Ebay

or buy two NST and run the primaries in series.. More power is always good.
*There are insulation problems associated with this, both secondary to primary and primary to core. Needs to be thought out very carefully including problem that, at least in US, center tap of secondary is tied to the case.*

I wonder if there's some "freight shipping" way to do it.
*Only way I've heard of is in someone's luggage and that's expensive now too.*

Ed