[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] First coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] First coil

The funny thing is, I'm not sure that the quality of an RF ground makes a
significant difference in the spark-performance of a coil.  I've heard more
than one anecdotal accounts where the base of the secondary was
inadvertently left disconnected, and the business at the top of the coil
was unimpaired.  I think sparking was observed at the bottom end, tipping
off the builder.  The consequence of course is that the next-best path to
earth ground - capacitive coupling to the mains - is now the return path (!)

Regards, Gary  Lau, MA, USA

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>