[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] VDG Collector [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VDG Collector

All,

I am not sure if this is of interest, since the original request was for
bockwurst shaped collectors, however....

I have had some topload shells made at my friendly local spinning shop,
they are made from 1,5mm alluminium, and 360mm in major diametre.
Top part is a nice fat squat half-pseudosphere, bottom part curves in
from equator to 90 degrees with a 60mm radius, then transmorphs into a
40mm radius for 90 degrees up into the hole, which consequently attains a
160mm diametre.
Functions well with a 80mm wide belt on a Ø 100mm pulley, and running
this at 3000 rpm has delivered +60µA, with downbelt charging comb in
place.
If there was a sufficient interest, I could run a batch.
Price 300USD + shipping from Denmark

Cheers, Finn hammer