[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] 42" Sparks 12/30 - John Freau [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 42" Sparks 12/30 - John Freau

I gotcha lol. I'm excited to see the pictures at some point. I've already
set up my 6.5 for hooking up. It is just needing wound(and afore mentioned
wire). If I wanted to keep with the larger secondary would I also need to
stick with the experimental primary setup? The frequency is determined by
the length of wire that is coiled as I undertand-ish.? I think the bigger
secondary makes the new coil look like it has bigger fangs. I guess that'd
make my question, is there a way to achieve same frequency with less winds
on the primary? I like the copper look and feel. Gives a coil a more
steampunky look to me. But functionality important. Maybe i I should throw
some numbers into jtc.... Help me get a better understanding on the
correlation. But decent sparks on a modest transformer is just too tempting
to pass up. Especially when I may be the only persons in Nebraska to build
a coil lol....