[Home][2018 Index] Re: [TCML] Those wacky Ukrainians [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Those wacky Ukrainians

On 4/1/18 7:43 PM, Paul Thompson wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gMsqWT5uWw

 I offer this mostly to display the coils used. The 'Kreosan" guys do some wacky and dangerous stuff!

Fascinating... And I hadn't heard "Popcorn" in years (you may be familiar with the hit version from Hot Butter back in the 70s), but it works well here.

I still think that rather than these new-fangled IGBT drivers, we should be using selectable rotary spark gaps running at different speeds for musical coils, a'la the Hammond Organ.

And it's a nice multi coil setup.

I've been meaning to build a set of 6 coils for years - have all the parts in the garage but haven't got around to it.