From: andrew [mailto:andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 18 September 2023 12:03 PM
To: tcml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Fwd: Fwd: MOT tesla coil available

(To Moderator -Sorry, I put the link in but forgot to delete the photos
last time!)

Hi all,

I am located in Christchurch, New Zealand.

I have a Tesla coil that I built about 12 years ago. It worked very well
and made streamers more than a meter long.
Since then I  have had a stroke and no longer able to play around with
it, and have moved on.

  Last time I used it (a couple of years ago,)  one of the 4 Microwave
Oven Transformers "(MOT)" died.

I would like to pass it on to a good home and am willing to sell it in
an as-is state as it has been taking up garage space.
It would be a great start for someone wanting a to get a coil up and
going quickly.
All it needs is another MOT fitted. These are easily removed from old
Microwave ovens (but ask your mother first!)

It is very well made, semi modular, can be taken apart for transport and
has a lovely capacitor bank made of 4 strings of 12 caps, each cap is
0.15uF, 2000 volt caps configured in series/parallel with bleeder
resistors for safety. gives us a total cap of 0.05 uF. at 24,000v.
I imported the caps.    942C20p15k-F Cornell Dubilier.

Here are some pictures on dropbox.. Tesla Coil Pics
<https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/pbh5zs3jihegobkgjhtdt/h?rlkey=i5ck5eydslx3g2itqs1hrb2ar&dl=0>

It has an adjustable vacuum spark gap. You just plug your vacuum cleaner
into it and fire it up.

Anyone interested please contact me.

Kind regards.
Andrew