[Home][2024 Index] [TCML] Re: Wearing Cochlear Implants in HV Areas [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Re: Wearing Cochlear Implants in HV Areas

Hi Bill,

Maybe this will give you some clues:
https://www.southtees.nhs.uk/services/audiology/north-east-regional-cochlear-implant-programme/adults/living-with-your-cochlear-implant/what-must-i-avoid-now-i-have-a-cochlear-implant/

I am eligible for cochlear implants but have decided against them for a
different reason. I am susceptible to sepsis due to a compound leg fracture
from over 20 years ago. I am not ready to take a chance on infection near
the implant area. If I was younger, I might consider it, but being over 60,
my body is already gradually falling apart from normal deterioration.

Instead, I have Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids that allow me to port sound
directly to my ears from my cell phone and other Bluetooth devices. The
direct, in-the-ear amplification exceeds my expectations for sound quality.

David Thomson