Re: Plasma Globes (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:05:18 -0600
From: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Plasma Globes

Captain. As I do not have a good vapor defision pump I fill the globe with
gas mix and then pump the vacuum which leaves about the correct gas mixture
behind. The advantage of this is you can test the pressure as you pump
before you seal the globe off. Oxygen is the major problem and filling the
globe first washes most the oxygen out. Then when the globe glows best your
pressure is best for sealing.
   Robert   H