Re: extraordinary transformer (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:06:51 -0600
From: Gomez <gomez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: extraordinary transformer (fwd)

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 07:49  PM, High Voltage list wrote:

> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxx>

  Beats me, but I used to have a transformer very much like that.  Mine
had the winding section encased in white plastic, and the core was
mounted to the underside of what had once obviously been the lid of an
oil tank with a big bushing.  I powered it up one day on a variac, and
at about 20V in, a hella long arc flashed over from the HV contact to
the core.  Arc was probably about 8" long.  So yeah, I can believe it.
I honestly don't know what my unit came from, I think perhaps an X-ray
machine.  I gave it to a friend when I moved once, many years ago.

  - Gomez

Don't you just hate it when people put words in your
mouth in self-referential statements like this one,
while simultaneously turning the whole thing into
one big, long, redundant, run-on sentence?