Re: Jacob's Ladder "Snap" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:39:14 -0700
From: Gomez <gomez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jacob's Ladder "Snap" (fwd)

On Monday, December 15, 2003, at 09:40  AM, High Voltage list wrote:

> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxx>

  Sounds like horse manure to me.  From what I have read about the
mechanisms of hearing damage, it works a lot like other exposure
hazards, that is" damage = dose rate x length of exposure. So if the
snap lasts for only a small fraction of a second, _and_ it doesn't seem
loud, then hearing damage seems unlikely.