Re: Jacob's Ladder "Snap" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:38:48 -0500
From: dave pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jacob's Ladder "Snap" (fwd)

1) I doubt the assertion, as stated.
2) The 'snap' will depend on the POWER of the
Jacob's Ladder (not stated)..
3) Hearing loss is progressive and subtle.  Precautions are simple
and cheap.  As a participant in display pyrotechnics,
i have some knowledge, training  and some regrets in this
area.  Hearing loss is 'forever'.
(I wear the protectors more with power tools, yard
clippers, etc...)

Protection is simple, effective and recommended.

(I suspect that 'a neighbor' on his own property, is not
at significant risk: tho i cannot prove it. acoustic power drops as the
square of
the distance. )

best
 dwp