RE: Jacob's Ladder "Snap" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:28:33 -0500
From: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Jacob's Ladder "Snap" (fwd)

To damage your hearing, you need a significant amount of energy in the
sound wave to cause mechanical damage
to your ear.  Even if a very short transient pulse is present in the
audible range, it it so short that there
is almost zero average energy present during that transient.

I'd be more concerned about the 60Hz high voltage.  That *is* the most
dangerous part of this set-up!

Dan