Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 21:58:19 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff generator safety question (fwd)

You probably wouldn't get the whole 7Joules...but it would hurt a whole lot.

My big science first type generator (about 400 kV) works out to around a
joule or so, and it hurts big time when you take a hit inadvertently.

The saving grace is that you feel the field a long time before you get close
enough to take a discharge.