Re: whimshurst--RESEND (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:37:43 -0600
From: Erik Von Halle <erikvonhalle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: whimshurst--RESEND (fwd)

Hi Gang,

I'm thinking that the William Welch Wimshurst are high Voltage and extremely
low current. Is that Correct? Are these similar to Van Der Graft generators
in that the charge is limited by the size of the sphere? At a certain point
the Van Der Graft generatrs ust arc there electricty away.

My question is what is the limiting factor on the William Welch Wimshurst
machines? Do they arc and dscharge when they hit full voltage?

Erik Von Halle