RE: lifter power supply (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:35:33 -0700
From: Richard Wayne Wall <rwall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: RWW <rwall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: lifter power supply (fwd)

RWW
Lance, list,
> I have been toying with the idea of building a lifter and was wondering
if a 15,000V 30Ma NST would make an acceptable power supply ?

> Lance

Yes, the NST will work fine.  Most of my "lifter" work is with a rotary
"lifter". It produces rotary thrust in a horizontal plane just as a
"lifter" produces vertical thrust.  It's easier measure and interpret the
horizontal thrust since there is no negative effect of gravity.  The lifter
effect isn't "antigravity".

I have used both flyback HV from a PC monitor (pulsed DC) and NST and both
produced rotary thrust.  The NST is a 12 kv 60 ma.  I placed a 1 nF ceramic
cap across the HV leads and the NST HV ground floated.  The leads are
attached to the lifter wire and Al skirt.

--- Richard Wayne Wall
--- rwall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx