RE: lifter power supply - using Tesla coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:51:56 -0700
From: Dave Halliday <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: lifter power supply - using Tesla coil

They do not need a certain polarity to work but they _do_ need direct
current.  You can run one with the lifter at either positive or negative
potential but it has to be one or the other.

A tesla coil has an operating frequency of around a couple hundred
thousand cycles/second.

Voltage is not enough.