Lifter Turbine? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 21:31:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000@xxxxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Lifter Turbine?

Hi Everybody,
I've been looking around the websites that say that a lifter will not fly in a vaccum. It led me to wonder that if a lifter will not fly in no air, and flies satisfactorly in normal pressure air, then what would happen if it was placed in high pressure air? Wouldn't it provide more air molecules to be ionized, creating a greater thrust?
I was also checking out how stuff works' website and found the article describing gas turbine engines.
 http://travel.howstuffworks.com/turbine3.htm
So the question I have is, would you be able to use the theory of a lifter and put it to work in a turbine engine? The best way I can see this happening is to place the equivalent of the corona wire in the area where the combustion chamber would normally be, and to put the equivalent of the aluminium skirt behind the turbines. That way, the air would still be compressed as usual, then ionized (possibly in a greater amount than in normal air pressure) by the positive (or negative) terminal, and then be repelled by the like charge. That could put the required pressure on the turbines, thus making them spin. This is pure speculation, done in an extremely simplified design, so I have absolutely no idea whether or not this would actually work. It just seems like something interesting to throw out to everybody else. Any ideas?

-Chris

"The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightning isn't distributed right." -Mark Twain

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein