Re: free large high voltage transformer (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:18:57 -0500
From: Mark Broker <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: free large high voltage transformer (fwd)

What's the VA rating?  What is the estimated weight?

[C'mon Mark...it's big and heavy and dangerous! ;-) If you're in the
Denver area, hie thee on over to Gomez' and grab it, then ask your
questions AFTER you've wrestled the pig into the back of your pickup and
you're sitting there wondering how in the blazes you and your wife will be
able to unload the thing without crushing someone in the process!!  And
the 23kV would be too low for xrays, particularly industrial strength.
I'd think that 75-100kV and up would be typical of an xray transformer.
SRR]

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group