Re: [303] Slymie in the news... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:00:28 -0600
From: Gomez <gomez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [303] Slymie in the news... (fwd)

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 07:04  AM, High Voltage list wrote:

> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:31:30 -0500
> From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [303] Slymie in the news... (fwd)
>

> It's advertised as 3 million volts but it won't be 3 million volts.

Of course.

> How long is the discharge spark and what is the kVA level (power)?

  It's not my gig, man, how should I know?  I already pointed out the
fallacy of such reportage to the person who posted it to the other list
I'm on, but non-high-voltage people don't want to hear about facts,
they'd
rather enjoy sensational numbers.

  I have seen pictures of the coils this chick used to use, and they sure
aren't coils capable of making million volt discharges.  I assume she's
got her hands on some new coil, but I don't know whose.  I bet someone
among us does, though!  I can't believe there's someone out there making
big coils who isn't a member of at least one of the major TC/HV lists.

Perhaps someone should repost to the main TC list and ask...

That phrase about "passing voltage through her body" still bugs me,
too...
:)

  I only posted the thing because I thought people would enjoy seeing a
curvy
female type doing Tesla coil stunts, even if she does wear her gawdawful
"Slymenstra" character makeup while doing it.

Well, Google is our friend.  From an interview found floating on the
web:

DiSCORDER:
So you were doing all that dancing and fighting on stage with a screwed
up  leg?
Danielle: Yeah, but you do what you gotta do. Hell, Ive finished shows
after being clinically dead!

Say what?!?
Danielle: Well, I work with this company called kVA that makes giant
Tesla  coils for theatrical lighting generation. In other words, we
make machines  that shoot bolts of electricity sixty feet long through
the air. I do all  kinds of stunts for them, including wearing
electrical underwear that lets  me channel huge amounts of electricity
through my body that would be  otherwise fatal. I also do this trick
where I shoot bots of lightning from  my fingertips.
Rich: Like the Emperor in Return of the Jedi?
Danielle: Exactly. It sometimes happens that I take a little too much
voltage and my heart just kind of stops. Getting a defibrillator was
the  best thing I ever did.
Geoff: How many times have you died?
Danielle: Six times now.

Sounds dangerous.
Danielle: But its what I love doing. I even made it into the Guinness
Book  of World Records. Twice!  I found out that if you beat your own
record, they  pay you $20,000, but they only pay $10,000 for the first
time. So I beat the  old record for channeling electricity using a
small voltage that I would do  at any little show and then did it again
six months later using a really  good voltage. [Im sure she said two
million volts, but I must have been  hearing things.] [No, in fact you
werent. By all accounts it was actually  three million volts. Ed.]
Anyways, I went to school for performing arts and  its what Im into.

  I think she's a big bull-sh*tter, but now we know who to blame for the
3 Million volts claim, and who to ask about show times.   :)

> Dr. Resonance
>
> Resonance Research Corporation
> E11870 Shadylane Rd.
> Baraboo   WI   53913
>
>>> For those of you who care, Discovery Channel will be running a "More
>>> Human"
>>> show about world record holders who break their own records.
>>>
>>> Normally this wouldn't be anything cool, but considering that
>>> Danielle
>>> Stampe (aka Slymensta Hymen of GWAR) will be breaking her electrical