Re: Lifter with lights (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:00:48 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lifter with lights (fwd)

The largest lifter I know of was the Japanese one measuring 5 m rising 15 m.
http://jlnlabs.imars.com/lifters/5mjapan/index.htm
It ran on 40 kV 10.7 mA but looked like conventional segments joined
together.  It looked fairly flimsy and would have needed care with the
tethering. Additional weight to give any semblance of a UFO shape would be a
challenge.

The greatest weight lifted at 100g is here runing 50kV
http://jlnlabs.imars.com/lifters/100gwin/index.htm

But what is a UFO without lights?
http://tesladownunder.iinet.net.au/Other_HV_stuff.htm#Lifters

Cheers