Re: van de graaff tube (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 16:47:12 -0800
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: van de graaff tube (fwd)

Ed:

We were only running at 2,100 rpm so, at 3450 rpm, your current would be
higher.  These values listed were from the direct terminal to ground
measured short circuit current.

At 3450 the bearing noises become rather high for my liking.

Dr. Resonance"

	Thanks for your note and for Antonio's.  As for the bearing noise, I'm
running small ball bearings and as you say the noise is almost
unimaginable!  When I rebuild this machine I'm going to use oilite
bearings which will last longer than my interest in the thing and which
should be pretty quiet.

	This thing was intended to be the prototype for a much larger machine
which never got built.

Ed