Re: Tesla coils on GFCIs (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:50:14 -0500
From: G <bog@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Tesla coils on GFCIs (fwd)

>  > Practically speaking, I imagine that there is a fair amount of
>>  variability
>>  in the sensitivity of these devices.
>
>Gee, I hope not.  Or do you mean sensitivity to RFI?

One caveat regarding the use of GFI devices is the sensitivity to
inductive loads. We went round and round with the site manitenance
folks a few years ago at the shop I was working at.  The GFI circuits
would cut out instantly when we connected equipment with medium-sized
control transformers.

Gregory

--
"Without ZIM, I am lost."