Re: Hertz`s experiment (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:09:05 -0200
From: Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz <acmq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hertz`s experiment (fwd)

High Voltage list wrote:

> From: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

> I would like to try repeating Heinrich Hertz experiment from 1888, where
> he demonstrated the existance of the electromagnetic waves, previously
> described by James C. Maxwell.
>
> I haven`t managed to find a lot about the actual experiment, below is
> the best that`s come up so far.
> Anyone know where I can get the full story?

Try to locate his original papers. A starting point may be:
http://gallica.bnf.fr

You can find there several old books that describe Hertz' experiments
in detail (most in French or German, but in English too).
Some that look promising:
La théorie de Maxwell et les oscillations hertziennes / H. Poincaré
Untersuchungen über die Ausbreitung der elektrischen Kraft / von
Heinrich Hertz

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz