Re: Pelletrons (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:24:57 +0100
From: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pelletrons

All,

FWIW, I read somewhere that a belt produced dust, which would cover the
inside of the tank and structue, and would have to get cleaned away
ultimately. Pelletrons don`t.
I find it hard to see why this is so with modern materials, like kevlar
reinforced polyurethane conveying belts.
If the pelletron was invented in the time of paper and linen/rubber
belts, perhaps there just isn`t any incentive to go back to belts again?

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Cheers.

High Voltage list wrote:
> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxx>