Re: Energy vanishing into air? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:00:44 +0200
From: gtyler <gtyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Energy vanishing into air? (fwd)

I think you need to look at Q=CV; as the capacitance is decreased the
voltage increases as the charge is constant. This is how a Van de Graaff
Gen. operates. Also, as The energy is 1/2 CV squared the energy
increases, and this increase in energy is supplied by the tourque on the
shaft. There is nothing for nothing.

George Tyler