Re: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:59:39 -0800
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

"I have used styrofoam balls in "hailstorm boxes", but they only work
if painted with conductive ink (China). Otherwise they just stick
to one side (the positive in my boxes) and remain there.
The material has very high insulation.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz"

	Yesterday the himidity was very low here and I had fun watching my wife
trying to empty a bunch of styrofoam "peanuts" into a steel
wastebasket.  They kept popping out and she kept trying to push them
back in again and I made the mistake of laughing!  Guess who finally had
to get rid of them.....

Ed