Re: Amateur Scientist CD box set (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 07:50:23 +1030
From: Matthew Smith <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Amateur Scientist CD box set

High Voltage list wrote:
> Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxx>
>
> I'd like a quick show of hands to see how many folks would be interested
> in this.  Please reply to sroys@xxxxxxxx
>
> MSRP $24.99 + Shipping
>
> High Voltage List price $20 + actual shipping costs (probably $1 or so)

I have this little gem and would recommend it most wholeheartedly to the list.

[I have it too.  Lotsa neat stuff from before the days of lawyers and
the death of personal responsibility.  How to make your own high-power CO2
and dye lasers, particle accelerators, and all sorts of other neat things
that would have "modern" publishers quaking in the boots for fear of some
goober wiring something up backwards, vaporizing himself, and having his
next-of-kin file a $10M suit. SRR]

 Cheers

--
Matthew Smith