Re: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:57:07 -0500
From: Charles Brush <cfbrush@xxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Van de Graaff /Pelletron (fwd)

Finn,

Interesting article, particularly all that stuff about voltage
control.  Thanks!

I've been doing some searching around online looking for possible VDG
parts.  While looking at conveyor systems on ebay this morning (in
the few minutes of calm while our 22 month old triplets were eating
breakfast!), it occurred to be that a ready made drive system for an
actively charged VDG could probably be scavenged from a belt sander.
One of the big floor standing models might be perfect...just chop it
up.  I might have to try this.  Thoughts?

Zap!

Charles Brush