Re: 'Anti-parallel' ?? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:26:05 -0600
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 'Anti-parallel' ?? (fwd)

Hi Carl,

An anti-parallel connection simply means that the primaries are
electrically connected in parallel, but the input leads of one MOT are
reversed in polarity (or "sense") versus the other pair so that the
secondary voltages can add. This connection can be used to double the
total output voltage from a pair of MOT's without introducing any
additional stress on the secondary insulation systems. The asterisks
illustrate the sense of the windings, and the polarity marks reflect
how the voltages will appear for a given half cycle of AC.

                  IN
               |       |
           |---|-------o
           |   o-------|---|
           |   |       |   |
         * |+ -|       |+ -| *
           ooooo       ooooo
          -------     -------
          -------     -------
          ooooooo     ooooooo
        * |+   -|     |+   -| *
          |     ---o---     |
                 OUT

Best regards,

-- Bert--
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge magnetic fields,
Lichtenberg Figures ("Captured Lightning" in acrylic), & Out-of-Print