RE: Coax Cables for High Voltage Transmission (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:43:18 -0800
From: David Trimmell <humanb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'High Voltage list' <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Coax Cables for High Voltage Transmission (fwd)

Epoxies will not 'glue' PP or PE. They are normally 'welded' or 'RF sealed'.
There is a material that will actually glue PE, but it is not cheap by a
long shot, I can't remember its name off hand. The epoxies will stick
reasonably well to PVC and Poly Carbonate, but they will at best 'grab' onto
PE. You can rough up the surface of both materials to be bonded and use an
epoxy, but that will not make for a oil proof, or a very strong bond. There
are PE welding kits around...

Regards,

David Trimmell