Multisection HV terminal (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:46:03 -0500
From: Luc Benard <ludev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Multisection HV terminal

Hi,

In big HV lab they often used hv terminal maid of many small aluminium
curved plate, if you want a terminal 5 to 10 feet big it's more
practical to use this instead of a big spinning part. If the curve and
placement of the plate is right the terminal behave more or less like a
big single part terminal .  in the desing of these terminal you need to
shape and place the small plates in a way that they sheild each other
border.

I try to find information on how to build them to have max performance
without success.

I know many of you like Antonio and other study electrostatic, Bruce
and Rogowski profiles. May be some of you could help.

I probably can find a stock of cheap serving spoon,  may be I can use
them by bending the handle and arrenging them in a sphere shape.

Cheers,

Luc Benard

P.S. Excuse my english... :-(