Re: van de graaff tube (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:56:58 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: van de graaff tube (fwd)

----- Original Message -----
From: "High Voltage list" <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "hvlist" <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 7:33 AM

> Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:53:36 -0000
> From: colin heath <colin.heath4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: van de graaff tube (fwd)
>
> hi all,
>         thanks for the reply. i will be using a sprayed bottom roller as i
> live here in rainy old britain so i wanna be able to use most of the time.
> if the blacks gonna be a prob ill go for something else as i want this to
> work then again i suppose i can just rub it as somebody else suggested to
me
> and see if it holds a charge. its not normal drain pipe but the inner from
> our rolls of poly bags at work
> cheers

Colin,
In rainy old England, they use a large amount of polypropylene pipe for gas
and water mains.  The stuff I saw lying beside the trenches last summer was
6" or more in diameter, and is probably fairly non-conductive (judging from
the comments about static charging from the workers).  I've seen bright
purple, yellow, and a blue version.