Re: HV Measurement - The Divider Problem (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:56:25 -0500
From: Dr. Resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: HV Measurement - The Divider Problem (fwd)

When working with high potential circuits always use a cheap surplus analog
meter for all measurements.  We have toasted a few over the years but a
surplus $10 meter is cheap compared to the 27XT.   We NEVER use our 27XT in
Tesla coil or HV circuits of any type --- too many things can go wrong as
you discovered.

We only do power off measurements such as inductance, etc. with the Wavetek.

Dr. Resonance