Re: Is HVLIST still operating? (fwd)

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:18:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Peter Lawrence <Peter.Lawrence@xxxxxxx>
To: hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Is HVLIST still operating? (fwd)

Yup, incredible lull.  BTW, anyone else notice the Scientific American
article this month on lightning - great analysis, lightning bolts produce
X-rays, and the detection of them implies an unexpected mechanism for
the propagation of the stepped leader. All in all very facinating.

I guess someone should see if X-rays can be detected comming from tesla
coil generated sparks too in case the same stepped leader mechanism is
present.

-Pete.