Re: Marx generator (fwd)

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:22:59 -0700
From: D.C. Cox <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Marx generator (fwd)

In the real world 76 kV/In. is too high (ideal) value.

Use 26.5 kV/cm for accurate results.  This equates to 67.31 kV/Inch.

This is also very useful for measuring the peak potential of a resonance
(Tesla) transformer when operated in the 1 shot/10 sec pulse mode.  Peak
potential spark length is independent of waveform (not rms but peak). This
assumes rounded electrodes of a suitable dia. for the task at hand.

Ref: High Voltage Engineering by M.S. Naidu & V. Kamaraju   McGraw-Hill
1995.

Dr. Resonance