Re: Marx generator (fwd)

Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:23:58 -0800
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Marx generator (fwd)

>Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:54:03 -0700
>From: Gomez Addams <gomez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Marx generator (fwd)
>

>On Dec 15, 2005, at 10:34 AM, High Voltage list wrote:
>
>   I can't find the white paper where I originally found this
>particular design, but the patent # is 5,311,067.  If you refer to
>column 5, section 19, you will find UV illumination of unfired gaps
>is specifically mentioned.

I agree with you on the UV light issue, but, I'd look to the references,
not to the patent.  Interestingly, patent applications aren't really
reviewed all that thoroughly for their correctness in the disclosure.
(Otherwise we wouldn't have interesting patents for hyperlight speed
transmitters that improve plant growth) And interestingly, that patent
doesn't cite any references in the literature other than a couple of other
patents.

This might be a good place to remind folks that patents have a wealth of
useful information, and they're all available for free:
http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html
You'll need to download the (free) Alternatiff plugin to look at the images.